Metwood TUFF JOIST+™ combines the strength and consistency of standard C-Stud joists, the flexibility of pre-punched reinforced access holes, and Metwood’s patented internal reinforcing technology.Access holes greatly improve installation and architectural flexibility. Plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and other technology services can be installed within the floor system improving ease of installation while maintaining structural integrity.
Hole sizes vary from 4”, 6”, 8” and 10” depending on beam depth. Other sizes available on request. Beams can be manufactured without holes for certain applications.
- Design Flexibility
- Commercial and Residential
- Utilized for Shoring Alternative
- Green Building Products
- Hangers and Ledger System
- Support Plywood, Concrete, or Other
- May be cambered to reduce deflection and increase load capacity.
12” x 2.5” TUFF JOIST+
19.2” O.C. 3/4”
Total Load Deflection
Greater than L/900